Flügger 03 Wood Tex Classic Semi-transparent Base 10
- Semigloss, transparent and thick surface that leaves the wood grain and structure visible.
- Inhibits mould growth and mildew growth on the surface.
- The perceived hue depends on the substrate, absorbency and number of treatments.
- Thick surface
- Contains UV filter
Protection equipment for: Spray painting: painting suit, full face mask with combined filter. Painting: eye protection, gloves. Sanding: respiratory protection.
Environment information: Clean off the paint from tools and wash them with water. Bring remains of fluent paint to the local recycling centre. Minimize your paint waste by pre-estimating how much paint you need. Keep the leftover paint for future use so you can effectively reduce the environmental impact.
NB! See also product datasheet.:
- Building structures such as eaves, gable cladding and facades. Light types of wood, such as pine or spruce, including pressure or vacuum-treated wood. The substrate must be primed or previously treated with transparent wood stain.
Must be clean, dry, solid and suitable for paint treatment. Insufficiently protected cross-cut wood, water traps or the risk of water accumulation must not occur. The moisture level in the wood prior to paint treatment max.: Windows and doors: 12% ± 3; Overhangs, fences and cladding: 18%.
- Loose wood stain, paint and decayed wood fibres must be removed by stripping and sanding.
- Remove dirt, filth, grease and chalking material with Facade Clean.
- Algae, mould and mildew must be removed by cleaning with Facade Anti-green.
- Round off sharp edges for best possible hiding power on edges
- All bare woodwork must be treated before or immediately after mounting
- Glossy, previously painted surfaces must be sanded matt.
- New or bare cleaned wood must be primed with Flügger 01 Wood Tex Classic Priming Oil.
- Best durability is achieved with two coatings.
- Substrate which has stood untreated for longer than 4 weeks must be cleaned and loose wood fibres removed
- Brush or roller.
- If applying using a roller, brush over afterwards.
- Choose appropriate tools for the desired finish.
- Apply wet-on-wet, and finish by brushing in the same direction.
- Always use the same batch no. for continuous/unbroken surfaces.
- Cold or heat can affect the material’s viscosity
- Condensation must not form.
- Avoid working in direct sunlight.
- Cold weather and high atmospheric humidity increase the drying time, complete curing and re-treatment interval.
- High temperature and low atmospheric humidity reduce the drying time and complete curing.
- Always apply test treatments to check and accept the adhesion and results.
Cleaning of Tools etc.